Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies is always looking for skilled individuals to join our team. We are a dynamic, culturally diverse non-profit agency serving Palm Beach County. We seek highly motivated candidates who have a passion for helping women and families in need. HMHB considers our employees to be our greatest resource and we pride ourselves on providing a supportive work environment with sensitivity to employees’ needs to balance work and family.
Career opportunities are listed below. To submit your resume for consideration, please email us.
SUPPORT SPECIALIST- BILINGUAL REQUIRED
ENGLISH/SPANISH AND/OR ENGLISH/CREOLE
This administrative support position requires the knowledge and skills to maintain an orderly and efficient business office. Ability to work with the public, staff and administration for any support duties. Must have strong computer skills. Position requires local travel. Bilingual (Spanish) required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Greet all office visitors and answer the telephone promptly, respectfully and professionally. Take accurate messages promptly, email and/or distribute as needed. Direct visitors to the appropriate staff or location.
- Monitor inventory and prepare intake and educational packets for Prenatal Care Coordination program assessments.
- Schedule and confirm assessment appointments for Prenatal Care Coordination on a daily basis. Upon arrival assist clients with paperwork or copies as needed.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and maintain copy room area. Order postage for office sites as needed or requested by HMHB administration
- Assist clients and non-clients with Babies4Basics pantry items; up to and including: food, baby clothes, diapers etc. Organize and maintain all pantry items, including diapers, clothing, food, and formula. Complete Babies4Basics data entry and monthly reports.
- Prepare reports as needed for any agency reporting. Maintain Support Specialist Training Manual in collaboration with team members and Directors.
- Manage and monitor facilities issues in collaboration with the Office Manager.
- Distribute bus passes to eligible clients as directed. Prepare and distribute timely bus pass reports to appropriate staff member.
- Provide coverage to other satellite offices as needed and provide support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Extensive office skills are necessary to use various office and computer equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates ability to effectively deal with clients, staff and the public.
- Ability to multitask in a face paced environment.
- Bilingual verbal and written communication, English/Spanish skills required.
- Ability to travel and provide own transportation.
- Two years of general office experience
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and data entry.
- Customer Service experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Healthy Mothers/Healthy Babies does not discriminate against employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. The agency will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com and indicate the job position you are applying for in the subject line.
EEO Employer, EVerify Participating Employer, Criminal Background Screening,
Reference Checking and Motor Vehicle Checks Conducted